Our mission is to look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming, so we build tools that make investing, saving and earning money easy. Because growing wealth shouldn’t just be for the few. We promise our more than 3,000,000 customers serious security. Thank you for helping us stand by that promise by exposing our vulnerabilities, so that anyone can have a chance at a brighter future.
Our Acorns Security Analysts are committed to helping our researchers be successful in our program! We are determined to work with you to understand and attempt to resolve the issue quickly (confirming the report within 2 days of submission).
For the initial prioritization/rating of findings, this program will use the Bugcrowd Vulnerability Rating Taxonomy. However, it is important to note that in some cases a vulnerability priority will be modified due to its likelihood or impact. In any instance where an issue is downgraded, a full, detailed explanation will be provided to the researcher - along with the opportunity to appeal, and make a case for a higher priority.
Qualities of a Good Report
- Detailed explanation and proof of concept for the bug
- Description of real-world impact/exploitation of the bug
- Browser, App version, where applicable
- Issues related to software not under our control (such as external dependencies)
- Reports of issues without a proof of concept or clear path to exploitation. This includes submitting vulnerability scan reports. You may still report these, but they will not be eligible for a monetary reward without a proof of concept.
- Further examples of Ineligible Reports can be found below in the "Target Information" section
- Please make a every effort to avoid privacy violations, degradation of user experience, disruption to production systems, and destruction of data during security testing.
- Perform research only within the scope set out below.
- Use the identified communication channels to report vulnerability information to us.
- Keep information about any vulnerabilities you’ve discovered confidential between yourself and Acorns Grow, Inc.
Reward RangeLast updated 2018-07-12 20:02:24 UTC
|Technical severity||Reward range|
|p1 Critical||$1,500 - $2,500|
|p2 Severe||$900 - $1,000|
|p3 Moderate||$200 - $300|
|p4 Low||$50 - $100|
Out of scope
Reports Excluded From This Program
- Findings from applications or systems not listed in the ‘Targets’ section
- Clickjacking and issues only exploitable through clickjacking.
- Test page(s) exposed (This is a test environment. Pages are known to be available.)
- Spam vectors
- Any issues related to rate-limiting requests are out of scope