Our mission is to look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming, so we build tools that make investing, saving and earning money easy. Because growing wealth shouldn’t just be for the few. We promise our more than 3,000,000 customers serious security. Thank you for helping us stand by that promise by exposing our vulnerabilities, so that anyone can have a chance at a brighter future.
Our Acorns Security Analysts are committed to helping our researchers be successful in our program! We are determined to work with you to understand and attempt to resolve the issue quickly (confirming the report within 2 days of submission).
For the initial prioritization/rating of findings, this program will use the Bugcrowd Vulnerability Rating Taxonomy. However, it is important to note that in some cases a vulnerability priority will be modified due to its likelihood or impact. In any instance where an issue is downgraded, a full, detailed explanation will be provided to the researcher - along with the opportunity to appeal, and make a case for a higher priority.
Qualities of a Good Report
- Detailed explanation and proof of concept for the bug
- Description of real-world impact/exploitation of the bug
- Browser, App version, where applicable
- Issues related to software not under our control (such as external dependencies).
- Issues related to SPF records, DKIM records, or DMARC records for acorns.com or any subdomains of acorns.com.
- Reports of issues without a proof of concept or clear path to exploitation. This includes submitting vulnerability scan reports. You may still report these, but they will not be eligible for a monetary reward without a proof of concept.
- Further examples of Ineligible Reports can be found below in the "Target Information" section.
- Please make a every effort to avoid privacy violations, degradation of user experience, disruption to production systems, and destruction of data during security testing.
- Perform research only within the scope set out below.
- Use the identified communication channels to report vulnerability information to us.
- Keep information about any vulnerabilities you’ve discovered confidential between yourself and Acorns Grow, Inc.
Reward RangeLast updated
|Technical severity||Reward range|
|p1 Critical||$3,500 - $3,500|
|p2 Severe||$1,750 - $1,750|
|p3 Moderate||$650 - $650|
|p4 Low||$200 - $200|
Out of scope
Reports Excluded From This Program
- Findings from applications or systems not listed in the ‘Targets’ section
- Clickjacking and issues only exploitable through clickjacking.
- Test page(s) exposed (This is a test environment. Pages are known to be available.)
- Spam vectors
- Any issues related to rate-limiting requests are out of scope
When conducting vulnerability research according to this policy, we consider this research to be:
- Authorized in accordance with the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (CFAA) (and/or similar state laws), and we will not initiate or support legal action against you for accidental, good faith violations of this policy;
- Exempt from the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), and we will not bring a claim against you for circumvention of technology controls;
- Exempt from restrictions in our Terms & Conditions that would interfere with conducting security research, and we waive those restrictions on a limited basis for work done under this policy;
- Lawful, helpful to the overall security of the Internet, and conducted in good faith.
You are expected, as always, to comply with all applicable laws.
If at any time you have concerns or are uncertain whether your security research is consistent with this policy, please submit a report through one of our official channels before going any further.