The (ISC)² Bounty Program:
(ISC)² has run a public bounty offering Kudos points and potential CPE credits for nearly two years. Read their full bounty program brief here.
Earn CPE Credits for Bug Hunting:
(ISC)² certifications are amongst the most widely recognized in the information security industry. There are over 100,000 CISSPs worldwide and many organizations consider the CISSP a “must-have” in their information security candidates.
To maintain their certification (ISC)² members need to engage in eligible “continuing professional experience” activities, which now including bug bounty participation.
Here’s how it works:
- Sign up to join the Bugcrowd security researchers.
- Find a bug in one of our bounties and submit it to us.
- If you hold a CISSP, CSSLP, SSCP or CSSLP holder enter your (ISC)² member number and the approximate time spent finding the bug in the bug submission form.
- The time spent on any submission which is valid and doesn’t result in a payment (i.e. any charity bounty, and non-first valid findings in a paid bounty) is a valid CPE activity.
- If your submission is valid then, at the end of each month, we’ll submit your contribution for that month to the (ISC)².