Fiat Chrysler Automobiles values engaging third party researchers to improve our products making them safer and more reliable. We have committed to formal recognition and compensation for discovery of reproducible and legitimate vulnerabilities, provided they are disclosed responsibly. Our goal with the Bug Bounty project is to foster a collaborative relationship with researchers to participate in responsible disclosure of vulnerabilities in FCA’s vehicles and connected services.
Responsible Disclosure Guidelines:
We will investigate legitimate reports and make every effort to correct any valid vulnerability as quickly as possible. In the spirit of encouraging responsible disclosure and reporting, we will not take legal action against nor ask law enforcement to investigate researchers participating in the program provided their compliance with the following Responsible Disclosure Guidelines:
- Provide full details of the vulnerability, including information needed to reproduce and validate the issue by producing Proof of Concept (code, technical demos of vulnerability, or necessary steps needed to demonstrate your finding)
- Make a good faith effort to avoid privacy violations, destruction of data, and interruption or degradation of our services
- Do not modify, access, or retain data that does not belong to you
This program is focused on the security of FCA’s connected vehicles, including the systems within them, and the external services and applications that interact with them.
Only the targets below are in scope -- DO NOT test anything outside of the specific domains/targets listed here:
- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.acn.uconnectmobile&hl=en (Android)
- https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/uconnect-live/id881830261?mt=8 (iOS)
- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.acn.uc&hl=en (Android)
- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chrysler.UconnectAccess# (Android)
- https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/uconnect-access/id550295151?mt=8 (iOS)
- Vehicle Head Units, TPMS sensors, remote keyless entry, and any other system that is present in a hardware product that you own or are authorized to test against
Out of scope
Only the above domains and applications are in scope for the program. If the domain is not explicitly listed here, it is not considered in scope for the program and should NOT be tested.
Before doing any testing that requires a Uconnect account, please create a test account that ends in @bugcrowdninja.com so that we know your activities are part of the Bug Bounty Program.
You can register for a new Uconnect account at: http://www.driveuconnect.com/features/uconnect_access/registration/
This program uses a modified version of the standard priority guidelines presented in Bugcrowd's Vulnerability Rating Taxonomy.
The following finding types are specifically excluded from the bounty:
- We appreciate the high volume of submissions for XSS. We are temporarily removing this vulnerably from scope as we work to fix those issues
- Denial of Service attacks against any piece of FCA Infrastructure.
- Cross Site Request Forgery on non-authenticated pages
- Certificate strength issues
- Error messages (Descriptive or otherwise)
- HTTP Error pages
- Public service disclosure, such as banner pages
- Service Disruptions
- Public files or directories, (e.g. robots.txt)
- Clickjacking and issues only exploitable through clickjacking
- Web browser functionality controlled by the client, such as saved passwords and auto completion
- Login or Forgot Password page brute force and account lockout not enforced
- Vulnerabilities identified with automated tools (including web scanners) that do not include POC code or a demonstrated exploit
- Physical, social engineering, and phishing attempts
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles websites not affiliated with connected vehicle platforms, including brand, blog, and social media sites are explicitly out of scope. This includes brand sites, dealer websites, or marketing sites. Some examples of out-of scope sites are listed below; this is by no means an exhaustive list.
The website list below that are linked in DriveUconnect are Out-Of-Scope including all brands site (different for country and language)
- Alfa Romeo
This bounty follows Bugcrowd’s standard disclosure terms.