We appreciate all security concerns brought forth and are constantly striving to keep on top of the latest threats. Being pro-active rather than re-active to emerging security issues is a fundamental belief at Intercom. Every day new security issues and attack vectors are created. Intercom strives to keep abreast on the latest state-of-the-art security developments by working with security researchers and companies. We appreciate the community's efforts in creating a more secure world.
Reward RangeLast updated
|Technical severity||Reward range|
|p1 Critical||$5,000 - $5,000|
|p2 Severe||$1,500 - $1,500|
|p3 Moderate||$300 - $300|
|p4 Low||$100 - $100|
All other domains/end-points other than those listed in the targets section, are out of scope.
- iOS IPA and Android SDK available here: https://docs.intercom.com/install-on-your-product-or-site/quick-install/install-and-configure-intercom-on-your-mobile-app
- API Documentation: https://developers.intercom.com/
- The target URLs are the same as those used by our real customers, please keep this in mind and act accordingly.
- Automated vulnerability scans are strictly prohibited.
- No attacks against Intercom's existing user base.
- No phishing.
- Create your own Intercom accounts (likely two, at least - for cross-org testing) to perform research against this app.
- Do not create more than 4 apps as part of your testing. Failure to comply may result in your account being blacklisted, thanks!
How to sign up for an Intercom account / app:
- Go to https://app.intercom.com/a/start?security_researcher=true
- Use your Bugcrowd email address (firstname.lastname@example.org). Failure to do so will result in your account being terminated with no reward granted for any valid found bug.
Use the following payment details to sign up:
5338 5808 1418 6337 Expires: 03/21 CVV: 878 Country Ireland(Note: This is a disposable credit card created just for this Bug Bounty program and has the minimum credit assigned to it).
- Intercom Signup Coupon:
BUGCROWD2018will give 100% off.
NOTE: Accounts and related data will be deleted 30 days after creation.
- Cross site request forgery on critical actions
- Cross site scripting (XSS), including those blocked by our Content Security Policy (CSP)
- Remote code execution / shell injection
- Authentication bypass
- SQL injection
- Insecure direct object references
Intercom will rely on the Bugcrowd Vulnerability Rating Taxonomy for prioritization of findings- but reserve the right to either downgrade or upgrade findings’ severity based on the criticality of their underlying risk to Intercom. Appropriate payouts will then be awarded accordingly. Any downgraded submission with come with a full and detailed explanation.