Moneytree provides a personal finance management app that uses data aggregation to radically simplify your relationship with money. The service currently supports Japanese and Australian financial institutions and provides a Japanese & English language interface.
This program adheres to the Bugcrowd Vulnerability Rating Taxonomy for the prioritization/rating of findings.
NEW UPDATES TO OUT OF SCOPE TESTING ITEMS, PLEASE ADVISE
|Technical severity||Reward range|
|p1 Critical||$4,000 - $5,000|
|p2 Severe||$2,000 - $3,000|
|p3 Moderate||$750 - $1,000|
|p4 Low||$300 - $500|
Out of scope
Any domain/property of Moneytree KK not listed in the targets section is out of scope. This includes any/all subdomains not listed above.
For this program, we're inviting researchers test our staging platform, divided in:
Devices: (a) ios and (b) android applications
(a) https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/id586847189 (Production. Read note below!)
(b) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.moneytree.moneytree (Production .apk Read note below!)
Webclients: (a) general, (b) partners, (c) mobile and (d) oauth
Regional API: (a)(b) our main monolithic API (internally connects to several services)
Guest Service: OAuth
iOS is not friendly for hosting staging versions, so we shared the production link. However, while we allow the use of it to understand the navigation flow, please avoid pentesting against any domain that does not contain staging.
There are no restrictions, but some rate-limits may apply.
- Register your free accounts with your
- You're free to upgrade your account with a Stripe testing account. Ex:
4242424242424242(any expiration date)
- Use the
client_idprovided in the scope URL to test any OAuth flow.
Test Institutions can be used to simulate linking banks, credit card, or point accounts. To get to the test financial institution, when adding an account, select 'bank', and then 'test financial institution' - which will provide you with the options for a test bank/credit card/etc. Other test institutions can be used to simulate error states.
500 Internal Errors
If you provoke any 500, we are going to receive an alert and fix it as soon as possible. Please, do not continue fuzzing after finding one of these.
Researchers must provide a fully working non-malicious proof of concept that demonstrates a valid security impact in order to qualify for rewards.
- No DMARC, nor SPF
- CLIENT_ID is public. However, there are other keys that are valid testing but please note this. - Android App has the “allowBackup” attribute enabled (and others) specifically just for testing. - Do not register with another email than the Bugcrowd official one
- Vulnerabilities that requires to physically access the mobile device and unblock it - Any Intercom related issues
- Recommendations, best practices or anything without a proof of concept
- Copy & pasted reports containing links from other customers
- OAuth session token is not invalidated on logout or password change/reset
change emaildon't ask for old password
- Server Security Misconfiguration | No Rate Limiting on Form | Login [as of 9:30 PM PT on 1/25/2018]
- Server Security Misconfiguration | No Rate Limiting on Form | Registration [as of 9:30 PM PT on 1/25/2018]
- Server Security Misconfiguration | No Rate Limiting on Form | Email-Triggering [as of 9:30 PM PT on 1/25/2018]
Report any data leak
We will immensely appreciate that you report all the information you reveal. Our customers deserve to be notified if their private information was shown without their consent. Please make all reports confidentially via the Bugcrowd platform.