285 vulnerabilities rewarded
10 days average response time
$1,371.48 average payout (last 12 weeks)
Latest hall of famers
Please note: This program does not allow disclosure. You may not release information about vulnerabilities found in this program to the public.
About NETGEAR Cash Reward Program
NETGEAR’s mission is to be the innovative leader in connecting the world to the internet. To achieve this mission, we must earn and maintain our customers’ trust by protecting the privacy and security of their data.
This program encourages and rewards contributions by developers and security researchers who help make NETGEAR’s products more secure. NETGEAR provides monetary rewards and kudos for qualifying vulnerability submissions to this program.
For submissions outside the scope of this program NETGEAR reward Kudos points. Please click on the following link to NETGEAR Kudos Reward Program.
Only the following products are eligible for cash rewards:
|Product||Firmware||Web Management||Client Apps||Cloud Infrastructure|
Only the vulnerabilities found in the latest version of the above are eligible. To find the latest version, search by model number at NETGEAR Support. Targets listed below denote Cloud Infrastructure that support in-scope devices and are included in scope:
Out of Scope:
- All NETGEAR products and properties not explicitly denoted in Targets, excluding High Impact Submissions as described below
Priority and Reward Guidelines
The NETGEAR Cyber Security team, at their sole discretion, will determine the nature and impact of the vulnerabilities disclosed including, but not limited to, leveraging CVSS rating methodology to identify the appropriate payouts around these guidelines.
You will qualify for a reward if you were the first person to alert NETGEAR to a previously unknown issue. NETGEAR products are sometimes built on a common platform and framework. A vulnerability may therefore be inherited by multiple products built upon a shared platform. When determining bounty awards, we will only grant a single award that accounts for all affected products.
NETGEAR will reward submissions deemed to be unique, valid, and at least P4 on Bugcrowd’s Vulnerability Rating Taxonomy (VRT). Reward guidelines are based on the default configuration of devices, where applicable. Vulnerabilities in features not enabled by default are reduced by 50% (with a minimum payout of $150 for valid submissions).
High Impact Rewards
NETGEAR will reward eligible submissions to researchers who report a vulnerability (or series of vulnerabilities) that demonstrably leads to one or more of the following results. All NETGEAR products and services are included in scope for these rewards. Cash Rewards will be awarded based on the following:
- Unauthorized access to NETGEAR cloud storage video files for all customers
- Unauthorized access to live video feeds of all NETGEAR customers
- Remote Unauthorized access to administer another NETGEAR customer's device (via the publicly accessible internet - e.g. not on the same LAN) with default device settings
- Remote Unauthorized access to only a single NETGEAR customer’s live video feed (via the publicly accessible internet - i.e. not on the same LAN)
- Remote Unauthorized access to only a single NETGEAR customer’s cloud storage video files (via the publicly accessible internet - i.e. not on the same LAN)
- Remote unauthorized access to full NETGEAR customer database
- Duplicate reports of security issues, including security issues that have already been identified internally
- Attacks against NETGEAR AWS infrastructure
- Automated scanning attacks
- Social engineering (e.g. phishing, vishing)
- Physical attacks such as office access (e.g., open doors, tailgating)
- Distributed Denial of Service attacks and Denial of Service attacks
- UI and UX bugs and spelling mistakes
- Usability issues
- Violations of licenses or other restrictions applicable to any vendor's product
- Vulnerabilities that are a result of malware
- Theoretical security issues with no realistic exploit scenario(s) or attack surfaces, or issues that would require complex end user interactions to be exploited, may be excluded
- Issues determined to be low impact may be excluded
- Discovery of any in-use service whose version contains known vulnerabilities (such as a specific version of OpenSSL, Apache, Tomcat, etc.) without a demonstration of intrusion, information retrieval, or service disruption using that vulnerability
Legal Terms and Conditions
In addition to these Terms and Conditions regarding the NETGEAR Responsible Disclosure Program (the "Program"), there may be additional restrictions depending upon applicable local laws.
- The parties to this Agreement are you and NETGEAR.
- "NETGEAR" refers to NETGEAR, Inc. and its affiliates.
- By submitting the security bug, you affirm that you have not disclosed and agree that you will not disclose the security bug to anyone other than NETGEAR. Absent NETGEAR's prior written consent, any disclosure outside of this process would violate this Agreement. You agree that money damages may not be a sufficient remedy for a breach of this paragraph by you and that NETGEAR will be entitled to specific performance as a remedy for any such breach. Such remedy will not be deemed to be the exclusive remedy for any such breach but will be in addition to all other remedies available at law or equity to NETGEAR.
- By submitting information about a potential security bug, you are granting NETGEAR a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to use your submission for the purpose of addressing security bugs in NETGEAR’s products and services.
- In the event of substantially duplicate submissions, NETGEAR may at its discretion provide a Reward only for the earliest received submission. Eligibility for Rewards, determination of the recipients, and amount of Reward is at the discretion of NETGEAR.
- If issues reported to our bug bounty program affect a third party or another vendor, NETGEAR reserves the right to forward details of the issue along to the party without further discussion with the researcher.
- You are responsible for all taxes associated with and imposed on any Reward you may receive from NETGEAR.
- You may only exploit, investigate, or target security bugs against your own accounts and/or your own devices. Testing must not violate any law, or disrupt or compromise any data or access data that is not yours; intentional access of customer data other than your own is prohibited.
- If you inadvertently access proprietary customer, employee, or business related information during your testing, the information must not be used, disclosed, stored, or recorded in any way. Inadvertent access of the data must be declared within your submission.
- Your testing activities must not negatively impact NETGEAR, NETGEAR’s products or services generally, or NETGEAR's online environment availability or performance.
- NETGEAR may choose not to remediate at its sole discretion.
- This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement of the parties with respect to the items listed above. This Agreement is covered by California law. This Agreement may be amended or modified only by a subsequent agreement in writing.
- If any portion of this Agreement is found to be illegal or unenforceable, then the parties will be relieved of their responsibilities arising under such portion, but only to the extent that such portion is illegal or unenforceable.
- You must not be the author of the code with the vulnerability.
- You must not be a NETGEAR employee, contractor, or a family member of an employee or contractor.
NETGEAR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY OR CANCEL THE NETGEAR RESPONSIBLE DISCLOSURE PROGRAM AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. ALL PARTICIPANTS AND SUBMISSIONS ARE STRICTLY VOLUNTARY. THIS OFFER IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW AND IN PARTICIPATING, YOU MUST NOT VIOLATE ANY LAW. YOU ALSO MUST NOT DISRUPT ANY SERVICE OR COMPROMISE ANYONE’S DATA.
This bounty follows Bugcrowd’s Public Disclosure Policy.
Requests to disclose the results of a submission will be considered on a case by case basis and require explicit prior written consent from NETGEAR.