Overstock.com encourages you to responsibly report any security issues you're able to identify on Overstock.com!
For the initial prioritization/rating of findings, this program will use the Bugcrowd Vulnerability Rating Taxonomy. However, it is important to note that in some cases a vulnerability priority will be modified due to its likelihood or impact. In any instance where an issue is downgraded, a full, detailed explanation will be provided to the researcher - along with the opportunity to appeal, and make a case for a higher priority.
Out of scope
Any domain/property of Overstock not listed in the targets section is out of scope. This includes any/all subdomains not listed above.
Please note this is a production environment.
- Do not conduct tests against customer accounts (e.g. accounts you do not expressly own)
- Do not conduct tests that will impact the performance of the environment
- If you feel you have found a security issue, but testing will impact the environment, please submit the issue and contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- This is a production site, so please avoid copious amounts of scanner activity
- If your IP address gets banned for excessive scanning, please wait 4 hours to be unbanned, if you still experience issues please email email@example.com (which is one more reason to be judicious with the amount of total requests you're sending while testing on ALL targets)
- Please note, https://www.overstock.com/api, https://www.overstock.com/api2, and https://api.overstock.com are used frequently with both mobile apps.
This webapp allows users to search for pets to adopt with other related functionality.
The Contact Seller form is sent to 3rd parties and is out of scope.
This is a webapp that allows users to search for cars, among other functionalities, but doesn't have any authenticated components.
Of note, the "contact dealer" and "get quote" functionality are off domain, and thusly out of scope.
- Application logic issues
- Remote Code Execution
- Significant Authentication Bypass
- Cross Site Request Forgery on Critical Actions
- Cross Site Scripting (excluding self-XSS)
- SQL Injection
- Directory Traversal
- Information Disclosure
- API abuse, especially against the following URIs: