Simple offers a bank account that has all the tools you need to manage your money built right in. The funds in your Simple account are held by our partner bank, BBVA Compass, Member FDIC. Simple provides everything else, including the Simple Visa® Card, our powerful iOS and Android apps, a beautifully designed web interface, and customer support that really cares.
Simple understands the devotion and effort that security work requires. As such, we encourage (and reward) the responsible disclosure of any vulnerabilities to us.
For the initial prioritization/rating of findings, this program will adhere to the Bugcrowd Vulnerability Rating Taxonomy. However, it is important to note that in some cases a vulnerability priority will be modified due to its likelihood or impact. In any instance where an issue is downgraded, a full, detailed explanation will be provided to the researcher - along with the opportunity to appeal, and make a case for a higher priority.
Please see below for exclusions specific to this program.
Reward RangeLast updated
|Technical severity||Reward range|
|p1 Critical||Starting at: $3,000|
|p2 Severe||Starting at: $900|
|p3 Moderate||Starting at: $300|
|p4 Low||Starting at: $100|
Out of scope
If available, please include the value of the X-Simple-Request-Id Response header in your submission to help us more quickly validate your findings.
- Static marketing site: https://www.simple.com
- Main web application: https://bank.simple.com
- Mobile API gateway: https://api.simple.com
- Sign-up service: https://www.simple.com/signup
- Simple for iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/simple-better-banking/id479317486
- Simple for Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.banksimple
Out of Scope / Additional Information:
- Do not use vulnerabilities to access, modify, harm, or otherwise alter any Simple (or its customers') data.
- Do not exploit vulnerabilities except for purposes of demonstrating it to Simple personnel.
- Please contact us through the Bugcrowd Crowdcontrol Platform if you are unsure of exploitability and we will work with you to verify it safely.
- Note: US based researchers may apply for an account, however, approval may take up to one week. Non-US based researchers may conduct unauthenticated testing as well as mobile testing.
The following finding types are also excluded from the bounty:
- Disclosure of known public files or directories, (e.g. robots.txt).
- Rate Limiting/Email Flood on /forgot-username and /forgot-password endpoints
- Email Spoofing due to Missing or Misconfigured DMARC on Email Domain. (Simple adheres to a quarantine policy of 100%.)