Western Union is a financial services and communications company based in the United States.
In general, Western Union adheres to the Bugcrowd Vulnerability Rating Taxonomy for the prioritization of findings, but they do reserve the right to alter priority on a case-by-case basis. Any submission where the priority is altered will be accompanied by an explanation from the Western Union team.
Out of scope
- These sites are variations on a core web application handling all requests.
- Security issues reproduced in one domain will be reproducible in other domains, making them a single core issue and only worth a single reward.
5/24/18 - both www.speedpay.com payments.westernunion.com are now in-scope targets for the program.
The following finding types are specifically excluded from the bounty:
- 3rd Party Clients (e.g. WordPress). If you are unsure whether or not a client is 3rd party, please check with us.
- Re-posting of vendor notices for platform updates
- Descriptive error messages (e.g. Stack Traces, application or server errors).
- Login Page / Forgot Password Page Account Brute force or account lockout not enforced.
- HTTP 404 codes/pages or other HTTP non-200 codes/pages.
- Banner disclosure on common/public services.
- Disclosure of known public files or directories, (e.g. robots.txt).
- Clickjacking and issues only exploitable through clickjacking.
- Self-XSS and issues exploitable only through Self-XSS.
- CSRF on forms that are available to anonymous users (e.g. the contact form).
- Logout Cross-Site Request Forgery (logout CSRF).
- Presence of application or web browser ‘autocomplete’ or ‘save password’ functionality.
- Findings derived from SSL settings (e.g. BREACH attack, insecure SSL ciphers enabled).
- Lack of Secure and HTTPOnly cookie flags.
- Lack of Security Speedbump when leaving the site.