Zilliqa is enabling new decentralized business models which remove middlemen and inefficiencies. The trustless connections formed on Zilliqa’s blockchain are creating new ways of interacting and trading with each other and we’ve only just begun unfolding the possibilities.
Zilliqa invites you to test and help secure our primary publicly facing assets - focusing on our cryptocurrency platform and smart contract language/implementation. We appreciate your efforts and hard work in making the internet (and Zilliqa) more secure, and look forward to working with the researcher community to create a meaningful and successful bug bounty program. Good luck and happy hunting!
For the initial prioritization/rating of findings, this program will use the Bugcrowd Vulnerability Rating Taxonomy.
NOTE: Vulnerabilities that are not included within the VRT will be rewarded in a different manner as described below.
It is important to note that in some cases, a vulnerability priority will be modified due to its likelihood or impact. In any instance where an issue is downgraded, a full and detailed explanation will be provided to the researcher, along with the opportunity to appeal and make the case for a higher priority.
This program contains some repositories that need to be assessed in code and with the installation of the testnet. Vulnerabilities concerning the code itself or testnet will be rewarded based on the table as shown below.
- Remote Code Execution of Zilliqa node
- Remote Code Execution of Zilliqa lookup node
- Any methods of siphoning or creating funds
- Remote Code Execution of the Zilliqa Savant IDE
- Security bug or issue in the cryptography relating (Non third party) to key generations, encryption, decryption, signing and verification
- Smart Contract vulnerabilities that can destabilize all Dapps within the ecosystem
- Denial of Service (termination of process) to Zilliqa lookup node
- Denial of Service (termination of process) to Zilliqa node
- Denial of Service (termination of process) to Zilliqa Savant IDE
- Denial of Service (unable to progress with consensus protocol) to Zilliqa lookup node
- Denial of Service (unable to progress with consensus protocol) to Zilliqa node
|Rating||Binary/CodeReview||VRT Submission Rewards|
|P1||$4,200 - $5,000||$2,100 - $2,500|
|P2||$2,100 - $3,000||$1,200 - $1,500|
|P3||$500 - $1,500||$500 - $750|
|P4||$200 - $400||$150 - $200|
Out of scope
Any domain/property of Zilliqa not listed in the targets section is out of scope. This includes any/all subdomains not listed above.
1) Zilliqa: https://github.com/Zilliqa/Zilliqa
2) Scilla: https://github.com/Zilliqa/scilla
4) Savant-IDE: https://github.com/Zilliqa/savant-ide
5) Moonlet-core library
6) Moonlet wallet Chrome extension
7) Zilliqa testnet (for security testing): https://dev-api.zilliqa.com
Please use the testnet faucet wallet (https://dev-wallet.zilliqa.com) to generate an account address and receive 300 testnet ZIL tokens. Do note that the testnet wallet is currently not part of target.
Researchers will be testing their local testnet version of Zilliqa/Scilla, in addition to savant-ide.zilliqa.com.
Researchers will be able to generate their own private/public keys if they are booting up their own local testnet. Additionally, researchers could use the Zilliqa testnet faucet wallet (https://dev-wallet.zilliqa.com) linked above to generate a private/public key pair if they wish to use the provided Zilliqa testnet.
- Full Denial of Service to the testnet
- Remote Code Execution of the Zilliqa Wallet
- Cross Site Scripting and Cross Site Request Forgery for Moonlet wallet Chrome extension
- Production versions of Zilliqa and Scilla are out of scope for this bounty program
- Auxiliary utilities of Zilliqa found in
src/cmdof the Zilliqa repository
- Hosting infrastructure of security testnet (AWS, Kubernetes)
- Distributed denial of service is out of the scope for this bounty program
- Eclipse attack on the network
- Clickjacking on pages with no sensitive actions.
- CSRF with no sensitive actions.